View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfirob View Post
I really don't understand why you would want somebody else's Tonedexter wavemaps, except as a curiosity or an experiment. What is really great about the system is that it is entirely specific to your guitar. I have an OM-42 wave-maped and a 1937 ladder braced Kalamazoo wave-maped and I have tried swapping them out, trying the OM on the Kalamazoo and so on, but it is just a curiosity. It always sounds best on the guitar for which it was created. Would it be cool to try a 1938 Martin OM wavemap on my modern OM? I guess so. It might work, it might not, but I'd rather spend time making the guitar I have sound the very best that I can.

What is really so great about the Tonedexter system is that you can sit there and work out the best mike selection and microphone position, the best combination of factors for that specific guitar, and keep it—that becomes the amplified sound of your guitar. Or keep your three favorite options. But it is for that particular guitar. And it takes very little time to create the wavemap. I think it is tremendous.
I have made some wavemaps on two different
guitars. both kk equipped. i find i like a wavemap
i made on a custom taylor. I like to use my martin d28s
with a sunrise mag pup played thru this taylor
wavemap.. go figure. It sounds great..!!
So if a friend has a tonedexter and you plug
your guitar into his TD and he has this wavemap
that is your holy grail. He says "heck i don't remember
how i made it" ..But i can share it with you.,
Just playing devils advocate ... But i can see a big
advantage to file sharing here.

Last edited by varmonter; 03-19-2018 at 08:40 AM.