View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 11:50 AM

Default NGD-LA Guitar Sales-Trifecta

Hello, guitar players.

I'm a new member, but a long time visitor to the AGF. I was in California visiting for the holidays. During this trip, I needed to buy a more durable guitar. I live in Central America and steel string guitar choices are limited, and CF guitars are rare. I knew about LA Guitar Sales from this forum, so I went there for the first time. I decided to post about my NGD and LA Guitar Sales.

For me, a guitar shop trifecta is "Knowledge, Friendliness, and Inventory", and LA Guitar Sales is such a place. Helene and Ted are very nice people...and yes, very knowledgeable and with a cool inventory. Thank you Helene and Ted.

The AGF Rainsong Shorty reviews caught my attention, and seemed like a good choice. I was already familiar with the Petteway model. My hands and ears made the decision. It plays easily and sounds good, so I bought a Shorty.

The setup includes low action, little relief, great intonation, and No fret buzz. No adjustments are needed for me. The Shorty's bass response, balance, and strength up the neck are nice; and consistent with those characteristics of an OM size guitar.

The Shorty is very musical sounding, and amazingly easy to play.

As Duke Ellington used to say, "If it sounds good; it is good". To me, the Shorty sounds good...

That's my 2 cents...and thanks again to Helene and Ted.

G

Oh...I'll post a pic when I get the "image pending approval" from the Gallery.