View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 08:16 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
Back in the '90s I was working up to a particular gig and my nails started wearing down during rehearsal. I didn't realize then that as you mature your nails can become either soft or brittle. Eventually my wife hauled me down to her nail salon and had the tech apply caps to mine. This is the micro-beads (powder) and liquid resin combination over my natural nails. Voile'! No more wear. The tech applies no polish but used a fabric polish wheel on a Dremel tool to polish application so that it has the same appearance as a regular nail.

After a short time on those nails I began to understand how relying on my own nails had limited my dynamic range - I just couldn't bear down for fear of breaking or wearing my nails. I like the sound and really appreciate the extra dynamic range the applied nails offer. I get them touched up about every three weeks.

Bob

Bob
Whoah... good info Bob! Hadn't even occurred to me. I may have to have my wife drag me to a nail salon as well!

And yeah... my 48 year old nails aren't near as thick and strong as they were when I was in my 20s.