View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmsstrider01 View Post
To preface this post, I live on a boat on the Chesapeake in Maryland. I love my Martins, however the constant worry about humidity and temperature has made me a slave to my guitars. Is the ac on, is the heat on, is the humidity pac ok etc.
I have an opportunity to buy an Emerald X20 Opus with professionally installed K&K pure mini for asking 1250.00
I plan on bringing my 000-18 to A/B the 2 side by side plugged in and unplugged. I am also binging a fresh set of d'addario Ej16's to put on the Emerald if the seller will allow.
So, I am seeking advise from any who have experience with these guitars. Keep what I have or if the Emerald sounds as good as this forum says, take the plunge. I will have to sell my Martins to make room for the Emerald. Any thoughts welcome. I am kinda at a loss.
Another thought is check out eKoa guitars from Blackbird.... might find a common ground betwwen CF and wood. Joe is doing some amazing things and who knows what he will bring to market in 2017... he has been hinting on something new in Facebook. If it is a 00 size..perhaps a eKoa Lucky 13 .. boy that would be hard to resist!!!

I have gone all CF for the past 3+ year and do miss my Martin now and then but it does pass everytime I pick up my Rainsongs,