View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brencat View Post
+1

However, there is a very noticeable difference tonewise unplugged, as the larger bodied GPCPA4 has a deeper, richer sound. I used to own one. If you strum a lot, the GPCPA4 is the better choice.
I disagree with this - the GPCPA4 has a bit more low end resonance than the OMCPA4, but I won't call it richer sounding. Infact, I find the OM richer in a sense, with more of the characteristic Martin growl in the wound strings.

The GP is great until you place it next to the dread (DCPA4). It sounds like a smaller dread and a less focused, somehow flatter OM. To me it lacks a bit in character.

It's still very nice, and I'd take it over all Taylors and a bunch of other martin models

Here's a good comparison of the three:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f65U5eMaxks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hector View Post
Thanks. The size is hard to tell from online photos. But yeah, I'd imagine I could notice a difference when playing. I have a Taylor 414CE now, and a Martin 000-1. I'm small, so the 000 "feels" better to me. I assume the 000 and OM are the same size/shape?
Yes the 000 and OM is exactly the same body size, but the 000 is short scale and the OM normal (long scale) - 24.9" vs 25.5".

Last edited by se7ent7; 07-02-2013 at 07:29 AM.