View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 06:22 PM
Charter Member

Another fun video, JD. Mike has good stage presence, as well as the chops to support that.

My wife and I have done several Taylor Road Shows - always a good time, and seems to be good for the sponsoring dealer. Some good info, a few t-shirts and strings given away... a pleasant evening. And, some guitars that go home with new owners.

Not sure, other than Michael's CarbonFests, how to pull that off... Ted is a strong CF dealer and supporter, but he doesn't carry all the brands. Emerald guitars are sold direct only. Spend more time on this sub-forum, and you will see that it isn't always easy for people not near a CF dealer to get their hands on one. It would also be an easy bet that none of the CF manufacturers have the promotion/marketing budget of Taylor.

IMHO, this forum is one of the best ways for guitar players to become "carbon curious"... then, it us up to them to put out the effort. Like many guitar players, there was a time when I was firmly in the "play before you pay" camp. Not so, anymore. Good info, reviews, specs... all are a click away. With carbon fiber guitars being a niche market, those manufacturers are best served by understanding the importance of social media. And, the value of an audience like this forum.

It makes me smile to see your kid enjoy that guitar as much as he obviously does. There was an old guy here with just as big of a smile... and enthusiasm.

Best wishes,
Jim