View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 02:08 PM

Thanks guys !!

Mike is back at school now and he tells us that all of his guitar buddies are blown away . It is a bit surprising to me that with all the technology that these kids have access to , and use every single minute of the day ...that not one of them has ever even seen/heard/played or even knew about , carbon fiber guitars . That tells me that there is a huge upside to this . I would guess that players that have decades of playing under their belt , might be a bit slower to ' come around ' to a less traditional piece ... but the kids should take to it without hesitation .

Jim , you wrote previously that you would 'like to think' that you are not so stuck in old ways that you would not embrace new ideas ( heavy paraphrasing in use ) . I commend you for this ...and anyone else reading this as you obviously have accepted CF as ' the real deal ' . I would venture a guess , that a large percentage of you are also 'adventurous' eaters .

We have a theory in my house about that : When trying something new ( sometimes reeeally different ) , you do not have the right to form an opinion until after your 3rd bite . Heres why :
- everything is strange for your first bite ... the look , texture , smell , taste , and idea are all foreign . You not gonna die ...man up !
- in the 2nd bite all those issues are slightly less unfamiliar ( you likely have not turned the corner yet , but you can almost see it from where you are ! 2/3rds there ...stay strong .
- by the 3rd bite the look,texture,smell and idea are now familiar enough to let you focus on the taste ... very often resulting in " ok , maybe a 4th bite is in order"

3 bites later , you very well may have discovered a new favorite food . If not , no harm done ! My soapbox message on these guitars will be ... play one enough to make friends with the idea and you very well may be an owner soon , as the sound and durability cannot be questioned .

I predict strong and steady growth for this market , especially given the quality of customer service that seems to be 'the norm' . When we bought his Cargo from Ted at LA Guitar , he was very gracious and accomodating in every way with me and all of my probably less than educated questions . The Emerald team has been outstanding in every way !! I have read that the Rainsong customer experience is top shelf as well . There will be a Black Ice in the arsenal at some point !!

The very best to ya ! JD

ps- the 3 bite rule DOES NOT apply to cottage cheese . No chunky milk for this guy !