View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6L6 View Post
If you're willing to carry about 6 more lbs, get the Fishman Loudbox Performer. I absolutely love mine and you will too...
I heartily echo this recommendation. I just bought a Loudbox Performer last week, and it is incredible. I had an Artist for one day, and I found it started to break up at volume. But... it was a floor demo, which could have something to do with it. I returned it and got a new Performer. Holy cow, I can't imagine a better amplified acoustic sound. I have an ES equipped Taylor, and I run balanced cable into the amp, with some pedals in the effects loop. Just outstanding. One thing that seems to make the tone even nicer - I have a Guyatone chorus in the loop, dialed to a barely present setting. That seems to just mellow the tone ever so slightly, and almost act as a touch of compression. When you hit the tuner in the effects loop (a Boss, which mutes the signal when activiated), it mutes the entire amp signal, just as if it were in front of the amp, not in the loop, which was a great suprise. The onboard feedback supressor will be nice if you have a mic based pickup like the Lyric. I also have an acoutic with that pickup, and it also sounds great through the amp. I don't use the on board effects.