View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 09:03 AM

Default NGD Rainsong H-WS1000N2

I just bought a used Rainsong Hybrid H-WS1000N2 and I am very pleased with it.
I primarily wanted it to keep in my office, ready for occasions when music is requested (It's a church). My office is a converted room with no direct heating, so I use a window air conditioner when needed and a space heater...neither of which I leave on when not there. The temperature and humidity changes are huge, and other guitars I have kept there have suffered...including all-laminate and even an all-HPL with "stratabond" neck. (That one went wanky in just a month, and I never expected THAT from a build that seems like it should handle the worst.)
Having read some reviews of the hybrids, I found the description of the "mellower" tone appealing - many claim, probably correctly, that the damping effect of the glass fibers make it seem more "woody" in tone. I just know that I loved the tone immediately, and was really pleased with the volume (being a dread lover, this speaks to me). What is especially nice is the balance between the frequencies, and the playability (with a slight lowering of the saddle.)
I am confident it will be comfortable in my office....if I can bring myself to leave it there! I have also decided, with ease, that this will be my gigging guitar.

Last edited by cc407; 06-27-2017 at 06:16 AM.