View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 12:15 PM

The DXR's like the K's have directional pole mounts that can be changed to make the speaker point a little downwards and also straight out like normal. If you go with a 12in speaker like the DSR112 or DXR12 you definitely won't need a sub for your application. If you go with a 10in, you may want to add a sub at some point but I highly doubt it. I will say that the QSC emphasizes the lower register more so than the others. It's a DSP thing i'm sure. Based on specs the DXR will do the same. The DXR also has a built in mixer like the QSC speakers. I really wish the DSR did. That was one aspect I really liked about the KW122.

Kerrinsdad mentioned the RCF ART line that comes in 10in and 12in. A few of my friends in the industry run these and they say that they are the best bang for the buck you can buy right now. I haven't personally heard them so I won't go any farther than that. I will say that the DXR series is pretty cost effective and don't go by the listed price. Give Sam Ash a call or Sweetwater.

Kendall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeshack View Post
Great Advice ---- I truly appreciate ALL the responses, & now I will start doing some homework.

It sounds like the BOSE & Q's are what everyone is recommending --- I'll make sure to give the Yamaha DXR's & even then Yorkvilles a fair look.

Do most of the models that have been mentioned have 'pole mount' ability ---typically this is the preferred method for me, as I wound't want to spend time stacking speakers, etc.

Thanks again --- and keep any additional advice coming!

I'll keep you posted on what I narrow down my options to & let everyone know the direction I take.
2022 Yamaha FG5
2010 Taylor DN3