View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 09:28 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHart View Post
Thanks for that info. I still am undecided about what my first CF guitar will be, but the OX is definitely a strong contender!

I've told Mark that I'd like right of first refusal if he ever decides to sell his. I think perhaps he needs to make some more room for some of the newer models that are coming on the scene, like the Journey RT660, which looks to be a great guitar for a very modest price! I like that it isn't a break-in-two model like its sister 660 model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHart View Post
I'm still kicking it all around. The CA OX is appealing; I like the size, playability, and tonal qualities. And the price isn't bad. But I haven't played a current production model coming from Peavey, and I have some qualms about what I've read about Peavey's customer service. And I read the Peavey rep saying the they had to change a lot of things from the pre-Peavey models? Makes me wonder what Peavey has changed from the pre-Peavey model I played and enjoyed.
The RS CH-OM does seem like a good deal and appeals more to me than many of the RSs visually. I'm just adding to the OX for sale not to push it, but to mention that personally, I wouldn't let recent posts about Peavey customer service or changes be a deterrent to getting a good deal which can be verified be fore purchase. I've never played or owned an OX, but I have owned a pre-Peavey GXi (only sold it to help fund my Emerald Chimaera 6/12 doubleneck) and a pre-Peavey Cargo. I'm a fan of CA and would take a chance on this particular OX at the price being asked now (especially if you like kram's) because I really think it could be sold for more. Whatever you decide, continue to enjoy the process!