Thread: Blackbird Savoy
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 11:36 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
Hi Tom,

Just played my Savoy alongside my Taylor 714ce and it holds it's own rather nicely. Almost as "loud" but in a different way.

The neck shape is quite similar to the Cargo, perhaps a tad bit fuller. Going back and forth between my cargo and my Savoy was effortless.

The Savoy does have an adjustable truss rod.

The gloss finish did not affect the weight, but it might have added some warmth. The two are so close though that I honestly would not worry about it. I would suggest choosing based on esthetic, or price preference. The burst adds $650 to the price, and while you can get clear gloss as well, I have not priced it.
Thanks Ted. In addition to my replies to bry and Barb, your feedback is further good news assuring me that the Savoy could be a great guitar for me. If you read my reply to Barb, you’ll note what I’m faced with if getting to a point where I can pull the trigger.

I have different reasons for wanting a no-fuss finish that the standard matte top vs. a gloss burst offers. That said, the gloss burst really speaks to me...I’d want the unidirectional weave everywhere, including with the burst on the headstock face, and either those straight line fret markers vs. dots, or no fret markers whatsoever, just side dots. I’d also want Mini Gotoh 510s in Cosmo Black. I don’t know squat about the MiSi pickup, so I’d have to look more into that.

Geez...it seems like I’m placing an order. More just dreaming out loud at this point. I have a lot to consider.

Control GAS Tom, control GAS.