View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabinetMan View Post
Ok guys, so I have gotten a little more done since my last post. Glued up my rosette out of some wormy chestnut go it routed out then routed the top and glued it in. Didn't get a perfect fit but not bad for the first time. Cut out the sound hole and Laid out the bracing on the back of the top. Glued the neck block in and trimmed the excess side material from the mortise.

BUT, I now have a problem. After the glue set, I noticed that if you are facing the top of the guitar and the neck is in the mortise, the neck is angled towards the right side of the guitar instead of being centered with the end block. Even when its in the mold. I still haven't figured out what's causing this.

Never got to work on the guitar any today. Started to work on my Real Job today then had machinery problems. Had to get a new miter saw. After 20 years of using my Dewalt almost everyday it finally gave out. The armature is completely worn out. Go Figure. ANYWAY;

When I made the mold, Every lamination was routed from the same pattern. I also used the pattern as part of the mold.
When I made the neck block I made sure all surfaces were square.

If any of you have had this sort of problem how is the best way of correcting it?

And Thanks for all the post on the bridge patch.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/XFYKdd]

You probably already stated this but what top wood is that you are using?