View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 07:12 AM

So after listening to you guys tell me my bracing was waaay to big and clearly a disaster, I decided to carve them smaller and ended up with this...
Untitled by David Emm, on Flickr

I then got distracted by the fact my replacement sides arrived so I did some more bending....

I then redid my top bracing completely and ended up with this.... (minus some finishing scalloping on the 2 large transverse braces)

Then this morning I cut the sides to profile, and glued the rim together to get this. I don't know how you guys manage do the profiling after the sides are already bent without going crazy, its a very annoying process. its SO much easier to cut the profile first, just don't make a mistake in the bending process.

I ran out of cable ties before I could finish the cutaway section, but here's my Michael Greenfield inspired "even pressure soundboard clamping system version 1" device. It should work fine, but if not there are improvements to be made. I was thinking I could put a tube on the other side too to clamp the back, but with a guitar back that is much thicker at the tail block end compared to the neck end, it might have to much curve to work like that.

I'm hoping to get at least the top linings glued in place when I go back for 2 hours more this evening.