View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 09:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121 View Post
Alistair and his crew have a special gifted for producing instruments with a lavish look and superior sound.
That Emerald X20 with the Louro Preto veneer top you chose looks stunning.
I'm sure you'll enjoy how well your X20 feels and sounds, certainly different than your X7 but the X7 it also very special.

When my X20 arrived, I thought my X7 would sit idly by while I relished in the uniqueness of my new X20.
As it turns out, they both get about the same amount of play time.
The X20 sounds big, rich and clear and certainly is the best sounding guitar I have ever owned.
Because of the X20s body contours and rounded edges, it is more comfortable to hold than similar sized wood acoustic I own.
The X7 is still my favorite couch guitar and even though it has a smaller body size than my wood parlor and wood folk size acoustic guitars,
the X7 sounds fuller and clearer.
My X20 and X7 get allot of playing time.
The only guitars that don't get any playing time are my wood acoustics, and I actually have an appointment to sell another one today.

Enjoy your beautiful Emerald X20
I hope that's the way this plays out. The X7 is such a good fit for me. Size wise, the measurements show that the X20 should be pretty close in size to the Shorty and 522 that are the "fraternal twins" (one wood, one CF) that I enjoy. I'm counting on that Emerald touch to make it even more comfortable.