View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guth View Post
Buying guitars over the internet is not my preference. If you have no other choice, then I'd recommend buying from a reputable reseller that features the most reasonable return policy.

Ironically, I purchased my J-45 over the internet (it's the only guitar I currently own that I purchased this way). In my case, I bought from a dealer that I was very familiar with (Cotten Music in Nashville) and trusted, and who had a great return policy. Before I decided to go for it, I received a thorough description of the guitar over the phone and they played it for me to listen to. And while you can't tell much about a guitar's tone over the phone, I could tell enough that it was worth taking a shot. I was not disappointed once the guitar arrived. The rest is history.

I've since encountered other Gibsons that I would consider buying — they're out there. I'm just really particular about what I like and don't find all that many guitars that truly grab my attention. Which is a good thing because I really don't need any more.
man.. good for you! i'm also very picky about my tone, i have it in my head and i know its one of those gibson j-45s, i wish i had a free ticket to the us!!