View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonius View Post
So then sliding that C shape up into the D position is going to be borderline impossible. I was just trying it out on my Taylor and my hand is hitting the body when I have the C shape at 17 (D chord). So that might just be something I can't do on an X20.
Actually, I meant that that the shape open E, first finger on 15th fret of B, 2nd finger on the 16th fret of D and 3rd finger on 17 fret of A is completely possible on the X20. My hand starts hitting the heel a bit though when I go up there quickly.
Quote:
The last thing I'm wondering is if you find the sound coming at you as you play overwhelming at times?
Sound can be overwhelming to me sometimes if I play hard. I like thicker picks (at least 1 mm) and can out play my voice if I strum hard.
Quote:
The only guitar I've played with the sound hole near that position was a CA GXi. It wasn't overpowering on that guitar necessarily. However high string melody lines while full chording got completely buried. The whole tone sounded a bit muddy. In retrospect, it may have just been old strings. I'm kind of kicking myself now because it was one of the last copper paint jobs they did and I might have missed out on a great guitar that just needed new strings. Oh well, lesson learned.
The X20 is not the cleanest guitar I have ever played, but it is clean enough and the chords come through whether playing softly or strumming hard.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?