View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 08:50 AM

OK I'm going to have to "fess up now." I mostly fingerpick acoustic nowdays but have been using a flat pick on both electric and acoustic guitars for 50+ years. Until recently (a month or so ago) I always used a Fender or Gibson thin pick (so 50 years of a Fender/Gibson thin.) A month or so ago there was a post on picks and specifically ( I believe) on Blue Chip picks. After reading the comments from both Landru and rmyAddison I thought, "OK, what the hell, I'll bite (if these two think so highly of them)" I Got the Blue Chip TD 35. My first impressions of it was boy, that feels different but it's way too thick for me. I kept using it and a couple of days later I thought man, that really sounds good , I can play this lick much faster with this pick and it "feels" wonderful. As I stated earlier, I've used thin picks my whole life but I have tried hundreds of picks of all types over the last 50 years. Well, it's now been a month or so and I must say this is the best pick I have ever used, period. Maybe I'm crazy but it has almost the same feel while playing that I get when I use a compressor ( I don't know how to better explain that feel.) I would like to thank both Landru and rmyAddison, as well as AGF for teaching an old dog a new trick.