View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry415 View Post
Of course summer lingers. It's still summer.

This is an interesting question. If what you describe is possible, I can see why the manufacturer wouldn't encourage it... sales of those lucrative replacement packs would plummet if people found out it was true. I suppose the best way to find out is to experiment. My guess is that no product on the market can possibly last indefinitely, but someone who pursues this idea could find a way to make Humidipaks last far longer.
Fundamentally the humidipaks are miraculous especially for those of us who have extreme high and low humidity issues. They have unfortunately been a victim of a faulty first run which leaked. Also part and parcel in many of these discussions is the fact they don't last long enough. A simple reading of the instructions and warnings of the humidipak instructions sheds light on why they may or may not work in some given scenarios. Mostly about the humidipaks inability to work in cases that aren't adequately sealed. That was 2007. They've been rock solid since yet the wives tales and reports of continued failure have never ceased to dog a very viable product. In talking to Planet Wave it's clear that a whole bunch of the continued reports of catastrophic failure are due to misusing the product and have nothing to do with product failure.

I've got absolutely no problem with mad scientist experiments in an attempt to make any product last longer. More power to ya. What is however frustrating is these experiments turning into "Humidipaks still leak and they ruined my guitar" threads.