View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooster View Post
I've ordered a MM Blues which should be ready in a month or so.

I'm slightly concerned re the weight issue as I'm knocking on a bit and have a little bit of tendon problem in my arm. I'm not playing professionally and will only use it for home recording and pleasure sitting down so I'm hoping it will be fine if I strap it up.

I would go for wood but I'm worried I would lose the tone.
The weight is frankly not a big deal if you have played electrics. I have definitely played Les Pauls that were HEAVIER than my Nationals!

The issue if finding a playing position that works for you. Traditional national style guitars are basically OO sized. And not particularly deep bodied. So the challenge is finding a position where you don't have to support the neck with your fretting hand, and the guitar sits solidly in the lap.

It might take a strap for you. For me it takes a foot rest like a classical player, or if I am playing out and can't find anything I either rest my foot on the case, or I cross my right leg over my left leg like Paco De Lucia plays.

But really, don't sweat the weight. It is what it is, and it isn't the end of the world either way.