View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 11:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuitarGuy View Post
Nice! I heard this on Pandora yesterday, and it reminded me that I've wanted to add it to the song list for a long time now. Great that you've challenged yourself...I've thought about getting vocal help as well. Neil Young is always hard for me to sing. I'm okay, but my range is limited....especially at the higher registers where Neil's voice lives. Keep us informed on how effective the CDs are for you.
Hi OGG,

Thanks for the listen and the input.

I am amazed at what I am learning with the Roger Love book and especially from the exercises on the CD. I never knew about things like chest voice and head voice, or not letting my Adams apple rise up for the high notes.

After a couple of days doing the exercises I was playing Lying Eyes in G. I have always had a hard time with the chorus on that song as it is above my normal range. But by shifting up and out of my chest voice I was able to improve to the point where my wife came in the room and said that sounds really good. And as a rule she enjoys my guitar playing, but the singing not so much.

There is hope :-)