View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSemmens View Post
I appreciated his video, it explains a lot. His point on depreciation is well made. It certainly explained the differences. I agree with Frank that there was not a lot of info on the pickups, but, as he observed, for the savings you made on the MIM strat, you could easily install pickups of your choice without exceeding the cost of the MIA strat.

I wonder if Aussies are as aware of the fact that there are two different versions of the Fender or are they all just lumped in as "genuine" Fender.

I'd be interested in seeing the difference between the Fender strat and the Fender Squire Strat, too, given that they both hold the Fender logo, and one is obviously built to target the budget market.
We had a long thread on that a couple years back. The build compromise on the Squier is such that its not in the same class. With pickup pole height adjustments FretBuzz, who I have not seen here in aeons, had the Squier sounding about the same as a decent Strat.

When I tried the Squier my hands hurt. The vibration through the cheap body was nasty. But for busking or dirt bag gigging...it would be fine. To the audience, they sound identical after processing and effects...there are several videos on that.