Thread: String Gauges
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTrap999 View Post
I Have likely used almost every string on the market or very near ...over all these years . recently came across of all things DUNLOP 11-52's - before that I was Trying DR 11-50s and still have a few packages im trying to use up , but was shocked when i put a set of the 11-52's on. the G string is a 22 gauge. A similar martin SP set had a 23 gauge G string and sounded terrible . these Dunlops dont even sound like 11's , They sound like 12's but are very well balanced and very easy to play . Less Tension makes them Vibrate Slower and move the soundboard MORE than 12's - in my opinion . These are the ONLY Strings I'll use now and are not expensive. youtube has a vid of their ultra modern string factory . I am quite impressed. Best kept string secret these days, are inexpensive. They have a great product .
Well, I might as well dive in with my first post. It's interesting you mentioned this because after years of using D'Addario 12's on all my acoustics, I tried the Dunlop 11-52's at a friend's recommendation. All I can say is wow! I noticed no volume loss, and I like the tone and feel better than the D'Addarios. Great strings, IMO.