View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasworker View Post
As a proud Canadian I take exception to this photo. That Canada Goose is clearly photo shopped in.
No, I swear - the bull moose happened to be standing by the nest when that egg hatched, the fuzzy gosling popped his little head out of the shell, saw Bullwinkle standing there, and imprinted on him. Thinks he's his mom.

Follows him everywhere now.

Same thing happened with the mountie: the moose was casually strolling down the corridor at the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Maternity Hospital, minding his own business, when the little mountie guy Dudley was born. Bullwinkle is who he saw first.

Same biological impulse.

Dudley with the ward nurse at the RCMP Maternity Hospital

Naturally, Dudley's mom Caribou Barbie wasn't entirely pleased, but she consoled herself once she realized that at least she wouldn't have to worry about paying for the kid's braces:

Caribou Barbie

Bullwinkle is none too pleased with this turn of events, especially since Dudley insists on riding on his back "...so I can keep a lookout for ne'er-do-wells and evildoers!"

I guess we all have our crosses to bear.....

Wade Hampton Miller

Full disclosure: All of the above is true. I know that under Canadian law any shading of the truth is punishable by being locked in a windowless room and forced to listen to CBC radio broadcasts on a radio that can't be turned off!!

It's kind of like Guantanamo Bay, but without the ocean breezes...

Hope this helps!

whm