View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 11:41 AM

It varies depending on the gig and the band. Solo usually TC Ditto (of some flavour) with, maybe Mooer Delay, TC Spark booster and Polytune Micro in front. For Amps I have an AER Compact 60/2 and recently acquired a Roland AC33 for off grid gigs/busking and I use Orchid Electronics DIs for my own gigs and for my PA work (as good as Radial at 25% of the price and made in the UK).

Guitars are a 1981 Brian Eastwood Custom with a Fishman Rare Earth, A 2010 Rob Aylward Selmer style with a Bigtone (passive) bridge and my newest, an Emerald X7 with a B-Band UST and preamp (oh and a 'The Loar' F style mandolin with a fishman passive bridge).

Observations, The AC33 lacks a little gain for the passives (or possibly the input impedance is not high enough) but sounds good with the actives in the Eastwood and Emerald.

They all sound good with a minimum of tweaking through both acoustic amps and also through the desk. I leave the sound guy to make the FOH sound good, if that soundie is me I usually get what I want