View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 08:42 AM

I had a WS1000 Rainsong, and they are indeed durable. However, you still need to be careful with them. They ARE NOT indestructable. I was told this explicitly by the people at Rainsong. I think the lady's name is Diane Carr....There is no doubt that they are more durable than a wooden guitar, no matter how much that wooden guitar may have cost. Yet, a pointed corner of a table, for example, can puncture a hole in them and they cannont be patched or repaired. Cracks cannot be fixed. If the guitar is stepped-on, it's going to break. If a child falls on it, it's going to break. The necks are very strong, but they can break, just like anything else. ....With Rainsongs, reasonable care will likely keep the guitar alive for decades and decades. Longer than reknowned "vintage" Martins and Gibsons.......They handle hot and cold extremes very well (far better than the Gibsons, Martins, Taylors, Mossbergs I've owned), BUT, leave one in a closed-up and very hot car and the chemicals that make-up the guitar can have a reaction that damages the finish......I am NOT putting-down Rainsongs. I used mine for many gigs. I played it in the rain, cold, heat, and around a couple of very snowy campfires. I never had a problem with it. "To each his own," as the old adage goes, but I never leave my guitars sitting around on stands, especially if young children are around. The babes are innocent and don't know, but we do know......Good luck with your Rainsong. Nice guitars. Yes, they are durable, IF, we take care of them.

The Missouripicker's YouTube Channel
URL:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMissouripicker

Gibson J100 Walnut, Gibson Hummingbird, Gibson Dove, Gibson J45TV, Gibson AJ RW, Gibson AJ Koa, Gibson Southern Jumbo, Gibson J15, Martin HD28, Alvarez MFA66SHB and many other guitars, banjos, mandolins, dobros, dulcimers, and strays.