View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 10:36 PM

It has already been said, but I will say it again just to add reinforcement... hang on to that guitar! You are already learning that the Red Label Yamaha's are objects of fascination for many people. The 180 is one of the most sought after products. It is also a family heirloom. This is an instrument that you should care for and keep in your family. If you continue to play and grow in your playing, you will regret it if you sell it. If you don't stay with it, save it for a child or niece or nephew who takes up guitar.

Don't worry about the A chord, you will conquer it... everyone has difficulty with certain chords. It takes time and patience... you may have to play that A chord 1,000 times to even start to play it cleanly. Consistency will take many more times, maybe 3,000 or 5,000. This is all a normal part of the process. If playing guitar was easy, many more people would play well.

Final note, already said... take it to a good luthier for a professional setup. There are many things that can probably be done to make it easier to play. It is well worth the investment.

Now back living in Baja Sur where I started my carbon fiber journey... Bend OR was too cold!