View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 09:07 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim McKnight View Post
Perhaps it would work but cutting the saddle and saddle slot may prove difficult.

I measured mine and I have 11/64" of wood, measured in line with the small e string. This is the thickness of bridge wood, measured between the front leading edge of the bridge and the front edge of the saddle slot. I have never had a bridge crack or fail to date so it seems to be about right.

None that I have found thus far. I have routed a shallow slot, under the centerline of the saddle, to accept the piezo transducer ribbon, on a couple occasions.
Hey Tim, I haven't yet had to install a under saddle pickup yet on the wider saddles either, But now that has changed and Im about to do one and see that you have cut a slot in the centre line of the saddle slot, How deep did you go, half the depth of the piezo transducer or just shy of the full depth? I have thought about this for a while and not liking the idea of the wider saddle and not having the full contact it should have. It's a bit of a step backwards in my mind, but really no other way to do it.