View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 11:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyg1 View Post
Dogdog49, what's the price on the Elite Acoustics amps? There are three of them I think, 5.25"-10", right?
I find the prices vary a bit, but Amazon has both the M3BR8 (Sunburst Gear) and the A1BR8 (Elite Acoustics) for $349.00. If you don't want the on-board effects the M1BR3 is pretty much the same amp as the A1BR8 for $249.00. I was worried the 4" woofer on those two wouldn't handle the low C tuning I often use but it handles it beautifully, and some of the on-board reverbs are as good as any I've heard. The big A4BR8 with the 8" woofer plus effects (that's the largest amp they make) I've seen priced anywhere from $550.00 to $650.00. I think if you don't want the on-board effects the M3BR8 with the 5.5" woofer hits the sweet-spot for price and portability. Plus these are as good as fine studio monitors for playing music, the bluetooth connectivity is great, it's super simple to daisy chain them for stereo and the guitar reproduction is at least as good (maybe better) as my Compact 60 and my Fender SFX. It looks like I'll be selling those two.