View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Charter Member

I had the Anthem SL installed in both my 6 and 12 string guitars... and I do like them a lot! They replaced older Fishman Matrix Natural's in both guitars. The Anthem is the first sort of dual pickup I've ever used for more than a few minutes; the sound is much more natural, to my ears, and much more dynamic/touch responsive.

Once I dialed in the mic/UST mix I like, I just run them straight into the base unit of my Bose L1 Classic on the "acoustic guitar w/ condensor mic" pre-set and it's a very workable sound. I've had no problems with feedback, certainly no more than I ever had with the UST's alone - and they were not very problematic. I really like NOT having to use a pre-amp or DI box, nothing else in the signal chain.

I know there are a number of folks on this site who extoll the virtues of the K&K PW mini soundboard transducers... and a few guys who have built their own "dual source" systems and they swear by them...

...but for a "plug in and play" system w/ no need for more outboard gear alongside, I like the Anthem... my opinion, of course!
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman