Thread: Cheap Bass
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankHudson View Post
Steve and I seem to have different luck or different expectations with cheap electric guitars/basses, but we agree that new and $100 is low. Used, yes, you can get something that may work for you, but I can't tell you what you'll find available.
Well, you can find used squire by Fender basses all day long for between $80 and $150. P-Bass, Jazz, Jag bass. No problem. Heck go to Ebay right now and pick up 5 of them. Or go to GC on the last friday of the month and see what they have lying around.

$100 to $150 used is not a problem to buy a playable bass for direct, hobbyist recording. No porblem at all. Jack Bruce would turn his nose up, be we ain't him. Buying a better one that will sound good live for a performance situation that will porbably never happen? No need.

finding a used pog mini in that price range is just as easy, and you don't have to learn anything new if you have an electric, or an acoustic with a pickup.