View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 03:29 AM

I just ordered a new Hybrid without electronics (H-WS1100N2) and had to become something of an expert about the new models in order to know what I wanted and to figure out what was available.

Within each model designation, the Hybrid and Studio are identical in every detail except for the finish. The Studio has the dull matte finish, the Hybrid has the high gloss finish. The Studio also comes with a gigbag, the Hybrid comes with a standard hardshell case. Although there were some early models that were designated as HS (Hybrid/Studio), they now can only be one or the other. The Hybrid name came about because of the mix of carbon graphite and glass fiber. Previous Rainsongs were just carbon graphite. Rainsong does claim the addition of glass fiber mellows the sound a bit, even using it as a sales pitch since many think their guitars are on the bright side. I believe it helped lower the cost also.

Both models come with the new N2 neck, which is a little beefier and was my main concern as I have really small hands. Alas, it is truly a comfortable neck and I was able to play it with the same dexterity as my present guitars.

It should arrive in about 4 weeks and I can't wait.