View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
...I think more often than not people buy CF guitars to 'try them out' and even though they like them, when push comes to shove and something needs to go to make room or cash out, the CF guitars get the boot before the wood ones do.
Every person has their own situation and needs. Your "generalization" is based only on your experience, or maybe a person or two you know.

For me and a few other guys I know, the CF has meant playing more guitar! At home, at work, when travelling... virtually anywhere I go... I always have a CF guitar out on a stand or couch, and that is what I grab to play.

I absolutely love my RedSpruce/Walnut Gibson Jackson Browne, truly a stellar instrument, the best Gibson has made IMO... but the truth is it sits in it's case most of the time. It takes an effort to pull it down, open it up, tune it, handle it super gently for fear of dings and scratches, clean it when I am done.

I LOVE playing the wood Gibson, but it takes an effort... most often my limited time leads me to grab a CF instrument, and I also love playing my WS-1000 and my L13. Because of CF, I play more. If one guitar had to go, it would be with deep sadness, but it would be the Gibson.

Now back living in Baja Sur where I started my carbon fiber journey... Bend OR was too cold!