View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 12:00 PM

I don't believe this guy was a dealer, the only thing I can find on him is a Reverb account that he opened last year. We have traded several cordial messages about this unit and all was good and I made him an offer. He then revealed to me that it had a chip on the headstock that he wanted to let me know about first to be sure I was okay with before he accepted. It was minor but enough to kill the deal for me. He should have disclosed this info in his ad that he did not do.

Yeah I think the battery is for a preamp I don't think the pickups are passive. I had this discussion with my shop about this while looking at several that did not need a battery. The young sales guy I befriended is a bass player so I felt good about his advice that I don't need passive pick-ups and he explained to me how they work and made more sense to me after that. They also have a 95 model Fender MIM P bass red in good shape for $299 and can probably get it for $250 or less. I realize that the mainstream and better value holding basses are the Precision and the Jazz whether it be a Fender or a Squier. I am a beginner at this want to learn bass while I have my instructor on the hook for 2 years now. I will be playing and practicing in a small bedroom/office/now music room so the whopping size of these Fenders is the only real thing that's not appealing to me.......

.....the search continues. Went to the new GC that moved from Durham to Cary, NC last night and it was a big let down. The new store is smaller and stock was depleted after Christmas.
I'll be traveling 4 hours west tomorrow to take the wife to the Biltmore estate to see Christmas décor so I'm searching now for stores I can hit on the was home Sunday.

Remember, I'm looking for around a $200 guitar....and a 20 watt or above practice amp $100 range. To drop $500 or $1000 on this endeavor right now does not interest me, I can afford it but I just don't need that much of a set-up.
2006 Yamaha F200TXR 4 stroke. My Guitars - Yamaha FG700S Sandburst; Epiphone Les Paul Standard; 2018 Yamaha LL-16D Natural; Ibanez Talman Bass; Fender Standard Telecaster; Yamaha FG820-12 Natural; Yamaha FS830 Tobacco Brown Sunburst; ....A beginner practicing almost everyday since 12/15/14....{:::]==={=O=I}