View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 07:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscom View Post
Groberts, first of all thank you very much for posting those video clips, that's very helpful, both to compare units and as a real-world example of how close you stand to the units in tight quarters, not to mention an example of a volume level they both can be comfortably played at (comfortable for the room at least in both cases!). Very nice playing there.

One question and sorry if I missed it somewhere--are you using the Tonematch with the L1 Compact?
Thanks for the compliment. Funny, I hear every weakness in my playing. I only shared because I felt I capture a decent recording of my real world sound.

I do not use a Tonematch. My guitar signal chain is:

Shure GLXD Wireless-> TC Helicon Harmony singer (Guitar pass thru) ->Fishman Platinum Pro EQ preamp - > Diamond ML JR Delay -> Boss Waza Chorus - > Boss RV-6 Reverb -> EHX 720 Stereo Looper (Used in Mono)

All that said, all pedals were off except for the Fishman Platinum Pro EQ preamp. That lets me shape my sound if needed for varying sonic spaces. Mostly set eq flat which sounds very identical to plugging in directly. I scooped the mids from Noon (Center detent) to 11 o'clock. Bass at Noon (Center detent) and Treble at Noon (Center), Brialliance rolled down to 10 o'clock.

In some venues, I am standing even a little bit closer to the Bose. That is when the Bose clearly is superior to the Turbosound. The Bose disperses evenly and the volume to the 2nd row of tables (20') is very similar to what I hear standing right in front of the Bose. In this regard, it is the best nearfield monitor I could hope for ..and doesn't rip my head off if I need more volume.

The Turbosound is more like a traditional loudspeaker. Its HOT right in front and volume falls off the further out you go. Its still very good, but not as even and friendly as the Bose. (if that makes sense?)
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com