View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
You've got some chops man. You will do great at these open mics once you get a couple under your belt. I wish I could play like you! If it weren't for the ability to sing a little (emphasis on a little) I wouldn't even dare try to entertain anybody with my guitar skillls.

I'm going to do my 3rd Open Mic tommorrow night if I can make the arrangements with the wife to stay downtown after work. It's a blast and the crowd is mostly other musicians so I think they appreciate the little talent that I show them as well as the effort and guts it takes to play out.
Thanks a bunch. You are too kind.

How did your 3rd one go?

Quote:
I'm trying again in around 2 weeks too (14th May, I think is the next one) so perhaps we can do some "second open mic" threads after that
Knock 'em dead. I checked out your myspace. Loved your stuff and I really dig that Manson Parlor. I am a bit jealous.

Out of curiosity, what does a Magpie go for these days?

Quote:
I watched your Youtubes too and like everyone else I think you have NOTHING to worry about! You're a fine player and that will come through the more you play in public. All the chops are there.
Thanks a bunch. I'll be sneaking around looking for your stuff to check out too.

Quote:
Maybe I can try that place when I'm up there visiting. Are you in Woodbury proper? I'm looking forward to checking out you videos tonight!
Woodbury proper. I am off of Radio and Lake in the Marsh Creek development. I graduated from Woodbury high in '89. So, I have been a Woodbury guy for quite some time. Also, thanks for the complement.
Fingerpickers: Pat Donohue, Bob Evans, Tommy Emmanuel, Stephen Bennett, Masa Sumide, Eric Lugosch, Martin Taylor, Joe Pass, Jacques Stotzem, Laurence Juber, Rolly Brown, Tuck Andress, Ted Greene, Woody Mann

Rockers: Paul Gilbert, Joe Satriani, Guthrie Govan, Richie Kotzen, Joey Tafolla, Blues Saraceno, Andy Timmons

www.myspace.com/serikulus
www.youtube.com/fingerpickerguy