View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 10:24 AM

Default Best value for mid-range $ acoustic

Hey fellas and gals

I bet you get wore out by these topics, so thanks for responding.

Im wanting opinions on the best value at the $300-600 range. I know that everybody's tastes are different, and every guitar has a different sound, and it all depends on what I like and want out of an instrument.....
But I'd still like some opinions from some of the experts on here.
I can know what feels good and can distinguish the obvious in differences in sound and quality on each end of the spectrum, but only owning one guitar and having only played a few, I dont quite have the ear some of you have, and know nothing about the construction and electronics. There are also so many models out there and it seems like most of them are good quality.

Here's what I own and what I think Im looking for:
I have an Art & Lutherie, canadian, smaller bodied guitar. I think its a good quality guitar. I've had it for 8 years. Im pretty sure its a solid top, but not sure about the sides. Its cherrywood.

Im looking for one with a pick - up, mostly because Im going to start playing for my church.
Ive heard how the Epiphone masterbuilds are a great value because of the solid wood for the price.
I am use to a smaller guitar, and am thinking a cut away design, but neither are more important than quality and sound.
I played a seagull and it compared alot to the canadian i have. Seemed like a lot of guitar for the money.
Most of the $250 - 300 ranged sounded like crap to me, but that was at Guitar center where I could pick up a martin....
I played the Fender CD-100CE at another place, it was $xxx. It has the features I think Im wanting: looked fine, cutaway, pick up , nice price. I was thinking it would be crap too, but actually sounded fine. It wasnt in an acoustic room and I had nothing to compare it to however.

So, any recommendations?
Im also accustomed to buying used when I can.

Last edited by cotten; 05-14-2010 at 08:11 AM. Reason: AGF Rule 2 in FAQ: no guitar price discussion