View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 10:30 PM

Default Room acoustic analysis for your studio: Is it worth it? Have you done it?

Just spent some fun YouTube time, going through a tutorial on measuring room acoustics using RoomEQ Wizard. All seems pretty straight forward and not too expensive. Well, at least I'm preparing to spend a fair amount of money on getting the room prepped, and getting DAW software and some other hardware, so in the big picture, the cost of buying a few acoustic analytic tools would seem to be well worth while.

https://youtu.be/dYOlC1onguI

Wondering if you have done this for your own home studios?

Also, I've been following the discussion that seems to crop up frequently between Martin Maniac and some of you on the virtues of acoustic treatment, vs. mics, use of foam, etc... Wouldn't this type of measurement provide good factual reference to help push these discussions further toward resolution?

I'm planning to do this for myself as I start putting together my recording studio/guest bedroom. I like measuring stuff. I'm quite eager to look at before and after acoustic signature profiles with each change to the room. I'll post results when I get going on the project, some time next year.