Thread: RMD Guitars?
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodallboy View Post
Yes, it's "your own hard earned money" and is subject to being used for anything you might choose to use it on.

Wishfully, he probably expected a discussion about guitars being bought with his "hard earned money".

As a professional financial planner I see that most of my clients don't really need their RMD's for living expenses and would rather not be forced to take them. They didn't "do a lot more spending than saving", quite the opposite.

I'd imagine that the OP fits this category and probably didn't need the financial advice.
Agreed. Those I know who are taking a RMD are doing so since it's forced; they usually don't need the money. If they needed the funds for living expenses, they would have already taken a distribution and thus the RMD would be a non-issue.

Viewed in that light, dealing with the RMD would just be an issue of: do I want to re-invest or park the $'s somewhere else or do I want to purchase something that will give me enjoyment.

Breedlove Masterclass Dread - Sitka/Koa
Breedlove Masterclass Concert - Sitka/BRW
Seagull Artist Deluxe CE
Seagull Artist Element
Furch G22CR-C

Several other exceptional guitars, but these make me smile and keep me inspired!