View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 06:57 PM

Oh boy I gotta think ...I've been playing for about 50 years. I bought a 1968 D28 in 1970 I've taken it to many bluegrass festivals. To many to try and remember and many jams both in Virginia and South Carolina as well as Pennsylvania and even some in NY state. I think I've taken my D28 to about all of them except this summer when I was having a neck reset done I took my 2014 D18. The D28 did collect bumps and nicks but I can't even think of not taking "my guitar" it's what I play 95% of the time. That's what I bought it for. I know a lot of people think different today with the cost of a good acoustic in the thousands. The D18 wasn't cheap compared to what I paid for the D28 back in 1970 but still in 1970 it was a lot to me. I take the D18 most of the time also so far nothing has happened to it. It's totally up to you but you may play the Collings a lot better than you will a Blueridge or a Eastman. As far as which backup is better I've played both brands and the Blueridge was a better fit for me. I played a Blueridge BR 160A and liked the feel and neck also played the Eastman E10D and E20D.