View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevien View Post
..... Maybe someone can clarify what Tom is building now. His site is a little confusing. At one place on his site, he says he uses the adjustable neck technology (RJN) on all his steel strings. But if you look at his current models, none of them have it. They are "R", not "RJN." And the R3 is no longer offered, only the R1 which is a Robert Johnson model. No OMs listed. Could be his site is just out of date maybe??
Steve
Steve,

I'll clarify a bit. Tom's site is a bit out of date so that is why you do not see the rjn-3 listed on it. From what I've seen in his shop, the rjn-3 and the rjn-1 are his two most popular models right now. The rjn-3 is similar in dimensions to an OM.

Regarding the adjustable neck feature, you're mistaken on this point. If you look at guitar gallery's website now, you'll see two of his guitars for sale-one built this year and the other from 2009. Take a look at the neck heel from the 2009 model:

You'll see where the allen key inserts to adjust the neck. My 2012 rjn-5 has this same location. Now take a look at the guitar built this year:

You'll see that it's not there anymore. In either 2013 or 2014, Tom switched the location of this to underneath the soundboard (similar to where truss rod adjustments are made) which is seen on this guitar and as I'm sure larry can attest to, on his guitar as well.

So the adjustable neck feature is still very much available and used. Tom prefers to use double sides and is a big believer in using a french polish finish for the soundboard too.

Last edited by vpolineni; 12-09-2017 at 11:23 AM.