View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 01:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBmusic View Post
Microphone choice for recording acoustic guitars is very much a personal choice, so I'm not going to advise any particular makes/models, sorry!

What are you using for an audio interface/preamps?

Do the room you record in have acoustic treatment?
While I do understand your points to be extremely valid...It is absolutely...with out doubt..the total chain that creates the sound...the Audio interface, preamps, room sound...NO doubt..undebatable.
But in my humble opinion...you have to start somewhere..and while all of the other factors mentioned...has great effect upon the recording...the Microphone is the most important...Not an end all..but it has the most important influence of the sound.
And while Microphones absolutely have different characteristics and become a personal choice...as you stated..
That is in essence of what I am asking...your personal knowledge of the mics that have the characteristics that I mentioned.
My hope...is that there will be other members out there..that have a personal knowledge of Microphones with the characteristics I mentioned...and help guide me in the direction I need to research.
I am sure there are lots of other choices of which I am not aware of that members can at least introduce me to.