View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 05:19 AM

Is it me or is the crossover market getting bigger?

I think it would be a good idea to strip some premium items of the x20 nylon, such as the head-stock, to make a competitive version with possible upgrades. Especially as you already have an "Opus" and an "Artisan" range. The Opus Nylon should be bog-standard everything.

It's definitely something I'd be interested in. For now however, I am still new to crossovers and I'm still working out what I find most comfortable. At the moment I have a 48mm nut and 55mm string spacing at the bridge. I'm wondering if a bit wider for both would be better. I see that Emerald do 57mm at the bridge, which might just be enough.

Now that I'm getting more into this area I find it funny that we call them all "Nylon strings" because I'm definitely a high tension Carbon fan, playing the music I do, which originates from steel string players, I need a brighter sound, more sustain and I need more tension. I imagine that most crossover players, coming from steel strings, will be "carbon string" players. But the joy of having "high tension" which gives around 90-100 lbs of tension and lots of projection, compared to a typical steel string tension of 150-160lbs for often, less projection. My new crossover has much more projection than my blackbird with similar body sizes.
I play: Acoustic blues & folk
Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/sirwhale28/videos

Last edited by sirwhale; 03-23-2017 at 05:32 AM.