View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpspitfire View Post
mostly, they go used for more, but you got a decent buy with cover and FS, my X2 i bought used was kinda dirty but worked and sounded great- that cost $140, i sold it for $220 been sorry i did ever since- i cant find another bargain yet, reason i sold it was with my hearing implant and only needing a small amp, i found a frontman 25R ( i see you have one) and liked the clean sound so much better and it was plenty loud for me, as luck would have it, right after i sold the X2 the 25R developed the worst buzz possible! so now im back to using my 15 watt pawn shop special
Ha, yeah, that kinda sucks. I bought the 25R for $40 and upgraded the speaker. I love the cleans and it takes pedals extremely well. I play in a duo with my wife. For many years it was acoustic only, but we have added a lot of electric blues material and our pa board doesn't have the # of xlr inputs needed to play an acoustic set and then play electric without a bunch of changes and hassle. We do have an extra 1/4" or two, so the line out is appealing.

Did you prefer the cleans on your frontman to the clean channel of the XD? What is the volume difference between the XD and 25R? Any insights appreciated.

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19