View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedray View Post
I enjoy buying cars and I prefer to do it with "boots on the ground." The internet pix and descriptions are a good start, but eventually I want to touch. It doesn't take long to figure out what dealers/salesmen know what they're doing and which ones don't, so I treat it like the game it is and I take as long as it takes to get happy with a particular car. It is time consuming though, and I wish the part after 'I'll take it,' could get done a lot faster.
I enjoy buying cars also. But it takes a certain discipline, a commitment to research, solid negotiating skills, and willingness to spend the time.

I also enjoy test driving vehicles of interest, but you've got to do this with a firm constitution not to get roped into ANYTHING that you aren't eager and willing to get roped into. State your objectives from the get go and stick to it. Set a timeline and drive away when you're done with test driving.

Fortunately, I'm willing to give it all that. But, you can't suffer fools in the sales area. Know your stuff before showing up and, also before showing up, skip directly ahead to the internet sales manager when you can. Once you know for sure what you want and have done your homework regarding pricing and trade in value, start with email to the internet sales manager.

Last edited by DHart; 08-16-2017 at 11:56 PM.