View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
Back in late 2012, I tried the Schatten HFN Active in both a 2012 Martin D-18 and 2012 Larrivee D-04, it sounded thin in both guitars and I sent it back to Schatten for a refund. That situation immediately prompted me to finally take a chance on ordering my first Trance Audio Amulet M Dual Mono. I put it in the Martin D-18--Excellent Amplified Tone! I was so taken with my first Trance Amulet M that on the day I got my D-18 up-and-running with it, I ordered another Trance Amulet M for my Larrivee D-04 and it too sounded great with the Trance! Those two guitars are gone but I still have my two Trance Amulet M systems! YMMV
The Trance is still very much an option. I have been listening to as many Paul Simon live concerts that he has done in the last two months to get an idea of the Amulet M live. Sometimes I love the tone, sometimes I don't. I think if the Amulet M could be purchased at a regular music store I would be all over but like the Dazzo, it's kind of taking a chance; even with the return policy (I hate sending products back just because I don't like them).

The Schatten is just an option because of how easy it is to install. Schatten is a Canadian company so they are very close by. I haven't used all of their pickups but the ones I have used have been great. I just think it would be a great way to test how I like a SBT in my Taylor without permanently installing it. I can always find somewhere else to use the Schatten if I decide on another system.

A Matrix/Dazzo set up really appeals to me, especially if I could find a way to dial some spectrum aura tones into just the UST. I just don't love the fact that it's a stereo set up. It's going to be costly but I am tempted to order and install a few systems and just find the one that works best.