View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 05:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
Oddly enough, I am considering something based around a Fishman Matrix/Spectrum set up. I had this in my guitar before but the system was the matrix blend pickup that was on its way out. I still have the spectrum so I am tempted to try it again and maybe even pair it with the spectrum di for a warmer tone. It just means that I spent a ton on the Felix preamp for nothing!

With that said, I still really want to try the Dazzo pickup out or even the Schatten HFN since it's a breeze to install. I am trying to figure out a way where I could pair the Matrix and the Dazzo for a dual source system. That part is easy enough to do, it would just be awesome to be able to add the spectrum to just the matrix and leave the dazzo as is. I bet that would sound awesome.
Back in late 2012, I tried the Schatten HFN Active in both a 2012 Martin D-18 and 2012 Larrivee D-04, it sounded thin in both guitars and I sent it back to Schatten for a refund. That situation immediately prompted me to finally take a chance on ordering my first Trance Audio Amulet M Dual Mono. I put it in the Martin D-18--Excellent Amplified Tone! I was so taken with my first Trance Amulet M that on the day I got my D-18 up-and-running with it, I ordered another Trance Amulet M for my Larrivee D-04 and it too sounded great with the Trance! Those two guitars are gone but I still have my two Trance Amulet M systems! YMMV
Adamas I 2087GT-8
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2