View Single Post
Old 01-22-2024, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcap View Post

I am having misgivings regarding using it on my cedar topped Goodall though, which has about the biggest fullest voice one could ask for. Maybe the Tone Traveler would make it even better, or maybe just different, and if I don't know what the changes might be I'd rather not fiddle with the sound and responsiveness of a guitar that I don't think needs improvement.

I'm also not certain whether I want to try using this on my cedar topped classical guitar. My understanding is that cedar topped guitars start out pretty "open", and that perhaps they don't necessarily hold up over years and years of playing the way, say, spruce would (I'm not an expert on this though, so do your own research on cedar tops before quoting me on this!).

I'd be interested in hearing about Tone Traveler experiences with cedar topped guitars.
I’m curious about this, too. How does the TT perform on a guitar that you already love playing? Based on what I’ve read, seems like you will get “more” of what you love in that guitar. I’m very happy with the way all my guitars sound.

I’m also curious how it performs on cedar.

In theory, this device makes complete sense to me. I sometimes hear a small “opening up” after I’ve played a guitar for half an hour or so…almost like it has warmed up and rings better. I think I’ll give it a try.