View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 08:37 PM

You know, it's not hard to capture the actual sound of this amp on microphone. SM57 in front of one cone, off axis, does that really well. What I'm finding impossible is capturing this thing's sheer presence in a room. It fills the room and shakes your chest and begs to be turned up louder. I don't think anything short of standing in front of it would convey that.

I've been practicing a few different pieces to commit to recording. Between work and busting up ice from the driveway and sidewalk the last couple of weeks, I'm a little rusty and keep flubbing simple runs I can usually nail.

I'm also finding out almost all my pickups are slightly out of adjustment. I'll switch between them and find one is too close on the treble side and so on. When I do get them dialed in to this amp, they sound perfect on my others. It's kind of like finally getting the color on the TV dialed in perfect. Suddenly everything looks better.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Acoustics
2013 Guild F30 Standard
2012 Yamaha LL16
2007 Seagull S12
1991 Yairi DY 50

Electrics
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Am. Standard Telecaster
Gibson ES-335
Gibson Firebird