View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonHLau View Post
And this isn't an assumption Herb?

I just heard the K8 at Guitar Center. As SpruceTop stated, I also think it has adequate bass response for an acoustic guitar. I only heard it with music source but I can make an "assumption" based on the music I was hearing that it should handle the low freq of acoustic guitar with no problems. There is a DEEP switch too that gives it extra low end at the expense of headroom. It sounded significantly better than the less expensive Behringers and Harbringer(?) I heard next to it. Unfortunately, he couldn't get the Mackie SRM450 to play because it wasn't hooked up. Oh well. I'm sure the Mackies were in the same ballpark soundwise.

Oh yeah, they do get loud too. But I already knew they would have the headroom I needed.

Gordon
Yes it is an assumption as indicated by my use of the word, probably, but it is based on experience with 10 inch speakers. For example, the Mackie SRM350v2, which has a 10-inch speaker, is down 3 dB at 83 Hz. I wouldn't want a speaker's bass response to begin to drop off above the low E of a guitar.